I’m going to speak plainly: knowing what causes trauma is an important step in preventing and healing it- but it isn’t enough. We must learn how to help our clients access their innate resilience, strengths and growth if we want to make a difference. That’s what this course is about.
Back by popular demand! This is a sequel to the sell-out course Preventing Birth Trauma Level 1 (which is required for access to this class).
In this online class we will discuss:
- What are the ‘two pathways” that lead to Postpartum trauma and how can you help?
- Research updates on trauma
- What is post-traumatic growth after a traumatic birth and what determines the lucky clients who experience it? (hint: you can help!)
- Introducing Krysta’s brand new “Trauma-Informed Care Provider Model”- a 3 step model which helps you protect your clients’ psychological vulnerabilities to trauma, access their strengths and prevent the long-term formation of trauma.
This class will equip you with immediately useful skills, evidence-supported and clinically relevant information and more than that: it’s going to create a clear plan for prevention and healing that you can use to conceptualize your birth work right away.
Goal: After this class, you will have a deeper understanding of trauma in birth- but I want you to have more than that. This class is going to help you tap into the natural resilience, strength, and growth opportunities that your client already has.
- Demonstrate updated knowledge of research literature related to birth trauma including COVID 19.
- Understand the systemic factors which influence and perpetuate the phenomenon of Postpartum PTSD.
- Understand Post-Traumatic Growth as it relates to Postpartum PTSD and gain concrete skills to improve clients’ resilience after trauma.
- Master two clinical models to serve Trauma-Informed Care and Develop Birth Trauma Resilience.
*2.5 CEs from the California BRN will be awarded upon completion of this class. Class expires two years from the purchase date.