Healing Trauma in the Birth Professional
Birth professionals pour their heart and soul out for families. We see it all – many times beautiful, healing birth memories, and other times, we are left not knowing how to cope or what to do with the trauma we have experienced, witnessed or inadvertently participated in.
Whether you’re a L&D nurse, doctor, midwife, tech, doula or other birthing professional, we want to help you heal after a “bad birth”. We want you to have the tools to live a lasting, fulfilling career, and be able to continue to do what you love from a place of health and love.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
– Understand and describe PTSD as a central nervous system phenomenon
– Assess and identify trauma symptoms in themselves and colleagues
– Name at least 3 systemic solutions to the problem of professional trauma
– Prevent professional trauma with at least 3 specific strategies
– Implement a personal acute trauma self-treatment plan
This class is our support and love to you. You can do this, and now you have the tools to do so. No class expiration.
* 2 CEs from the California BRN are given for this course. Class does not expire.