*NEW* Online Physiologic Coping | One-Time-ONLY Class
February 29, 2024
March 1, 2024
Cost per person
- Discounted group rates: 10+ : $274 per person 40+ : $259 per person 70+ : $239 per person
You won’t want to miss this one-time-only, 2-day event! Great for doulas, nursing students or future L&D nurses.
If you missed out on our MOVE Learning Retreat, you can now learn the same content we shared together, adapted for online learning! This class is new and different from all our other classes, and is (legit) only happening once!
Day 1 | February 29 | 9am-2pm PST
Day 2 | March 1 | 9am-1pm PST
- Upon successful completion of the workshop, the participant will be able to educate, triage and better facilitate physiologic coping to meet the desires of the laboring person and accomplish a vaginal birth.
- This workshop will be presented through multiple activities, hands-on practice, lecture, visuals and discussion.
- You don’t want to be distracted during this training. Class is recorded and will be available to access to re-watch for 2 weeks after posting. If you cannot attend or only attend some of the live event, your class will appear in your account under this course 72 hrs after the class is completed.
Come comfy, tune in from another anywhere, take it with a friend or by yourself! Flex & flow 🙂 We do recommend having a partner to practice with for at least day 2.
This 2-day only workshop is designed for labor & delivery nurses working with intrapartum birthing people and their partner(s) practicing in the inpatient hospital setting, but is not limited to just nurses! Birth workers, OBs, Midwives are also welcome.
It will provide information necessary to promote physiologic coping and birth and positively interact with a diverse demographic of birthing people through non-pharmacological coping interventions. This course promotes birth as a normal, physiologic process for most people, but recognizes that there are complexities of birth that may predispose the client to trauma, negative experiences, and interruptions in the physiologic birth process that can impact the ultimate mode of delivery.
- Learn directly from nurses that understand the flow of a unit, your time constraints and how hard your job is.
- You won’t fall asleep! This class is fun, engaging, with multiple activities, lecture, visuals, models and discussion that will invigorate your practice.
- You’re going to learn so much! This workshop will award 9.4 CEs based on participation through the California BRN.
- ☀️BONUS: follow along with these ticket sales on IG for INCREDIBLE giveaways until the class. Each ticket will get your name in a drawing for prizes throughout, with the GRAND PRIZE chosen during the class – it is bigger than anything we’ve given away to date!
- This class is being offered to fund an APP exclusively for you! Help us reach our goal of 1500 tickets sold by sharing this with a friend.
EARLY BIRD PRICING: $299 (until January 15, 2024). After January 15, the price will jump to $399. Register today!Download It Now!
You will learn:
- Pathophysiology of pain & labor
- Epidurals effect on labor, statistics
- Keys to coping – wed down from all the research, what actually impacts coping
- Evidence on different interventions
- Types of Evidence
- What matters to patients?
- Tokophobia & nursing interventions
- Fascia deep dive with techniques and practice
- Neocortical impact on pain and strategies
- Trauma-informed care with Krysta Dancy (yes, she’s going to be there too!)
- Vagus nerve with Krysta Dancy
- Breathing with practice – I bet you haven’t learned about it this way!
- Relaxation strategies
- Hormones of labor & coping – there’s a big surprise here
- Gate Control Theory techniques including TENS with sample policy
- Sterile water injections
- Evidence on setting the mood
- Pathophysiology of touch techniques with practice
- Therapeutic communication strategies
- Adaptations for both patients with and without epidural anesthesia
- & MORE!
Gain inspiration for your job, tools for your practice and continue to level up your care.